Location: Edmonton, AB
The Fort Edmonton Historical Foundation retained our firm to reproduce two historic Edmonton commercial structures in Fort Edmonton Park. The buildings were designed and detailed from programs and historical black and white photographs supplied by the client. Interior work included the design and construction of furnishings visually authentic to the period, including commercial display cabinets and a marble topped bar of carved oak. The Reed’s building is modeled from photos as it existed in 1912-1913, when it burned to the ground. The Sun Drugstore / Bill’s Confectionery was constructed from original drawings produced in the early 1920s.